Orca Scan is a B2B SaaS product that makes it easy to build and deploy an enterprise-scale barcode system without code. Barcodes are all around us, used to track everything from the toothbrush you used this morning to medical implants used to save lives, yet, after 50 years, implementing a barcode system is still overly complex. That’s the problem we’re solving for teams at Apple, GE and many others.
As our Bookkeeper, you will work closely with our General Manager and external accountants to maintain accurate financial records for our company, ensuring compliance with accounting standards and regulations and providing timely financial reports to management.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage accounts payable and receivable
- Manage monthly pay run for UK and international employees
- Reconcile bank statements and card statements in Xero
- Produce monthly profit and loss report
- Produce Enterprise quotes for Orca Scan customers
- Prepare and file quarterly VAT returns
- Assist with budget allocations
What you should have
- At least 2 years experience in bookkeeping or a similar role
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Experience using Xero accounting software
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment 🏃♂️
- £18k a year (GBP)
- Part-time contract (24 hours a week)
- Fully remote (work from home, coffee shop, library, beach 🌴)
- Flexible working hours (standup at 10 am GMT)
- 16.5 days holiday (+ a day off on your birthday)
- Whatever books/courses you need to up-skill
If you are an experienced bookkeeper with a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently, we would love to hear from you. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-growing company and play a key role in its success.