How to install Orca Scan on the Zebra TC51No subscription plan required
The Zebra TC51 is an enterprise grade (IP67 and IP65) barcode scanner from Zebra. It's designed to function like a smartphone, but with the addition of an embedded barcode scanner, extended battery life and ruggedized case.
Zebra TC51 key features
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) Operating System
- Built in 1D/2D barcode scanner
- Build in WiFi up to 5 GHz (802.11a/b/g/n/ac/d/h/i/k/r/w)
- 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, MicroSD slot (up to 128GB SDXC)
- Water and dust proof with IP67 and IP65 seal
- Hot-swappable battery with up to 14 hours of power
Zebra TC51 setup guide
The Zebra TC51 does not have a Google Play store, so you'll need to follow the steps belows to install Orca Scan on the device:
- Open a web browser on the device
- Visit https://orcascan.com/install to download the Orca Scan app
- Go to Settings > Security and enable Allow install from unknown sources
- Go to download folder, open the orca-scan.apk and run install
- Open the DataWedge application
- Select Profile0
- Enable Keystroke output
- Set Inter character delay to 10 milliseconds
- Go to Basic data formatting
- Enable Send ENTER key
- Launch Orca Scan mobile app
- Use the hardware buttons to scan
Zebra TC51 related questions?
We're happy to help troubleshoot any issues using Orca Scan with the Zebra TC51, feel free to chat with us live or drop us an email.
Request a device integration
Need help getting Orca Scan running with your hardware scanner? Let us know the make and model and our engineers will do their best to get it working for you!