Don’t let hosting events become a nightmare due to attendee management. Simplify the process with our Event Attendance Solution and say goodbye to chaos and hello to streamlined attendee management, making your events a breeze to organise and run.
To get started:
- Register or sign in to Orca Scan
- Create a new sheet using the Event Attendance template
- Allow people to register to your event using Orca Forms
- Print or download the QR codes to send to attendees
- Download the Orca Scan Mobile app and log in
- On the day of the event, scan the QR codes to sign your attendees in
Got more than one person hosting the event or assisting with sign ins? Check out our guide on adding users to an Orca Scan sheet.
Why should I be doing event attendee tracking?
Event attendee tracking provides a range of benefits to organisers including greater data visibility and accuracy. We’ve developed our solution to make it as simple as possible for you and your team to see great results, including:
- Simplified online registration and check-in
- Automated and synchronised check-in
- Track and understand your attendees’ entire event journey and experience
- Validate and minimise incorrect attendance
- Less paper waste and more organisation
- Improved efficiency. No more searching for names. Simply scan and move on
- Set up alerts to display notifications for incorrect attendance or if they are marked as a ‘VIP’
- Track your attendees’ journeys throughout your event
“The role of Event Coordinator has been consistently ranked in the top 6 of the world’s most stressful jobs” - CareerCast.
How do I track attendees at my event?
- Send your attendees their physical or digital badge
- Download the Orca Scan mobile app
- Select the relevant sheet
- Scan your attendees’ QR code badges on entry, at each stand, café or function
- If there is a problem with the QR code such as attending on the wrong day, Orca Scan will tell you
That’s it! No more clipboards and excessive sheets of paper. Orca Scan can manage your event digitally and synchronize your data into our Web App. From there, you’ll be able to see how many people attended, which sessions they attended, and more, depending on how you have set up your sheet!
How do I create and print name badges for my attendees?
In Orca Scan’s Web App, you can open up the side panel on the left to download and print your barcodes. All you have to do is send your QR codes out to your attendees either through an email or via the post if you wish to use physical badges.
If you wish to purchase labels, we recommend Avery or Dymo.
How do I set up VIP arrival alerts?
The Orca Scan Event Attendance template is pre-configured to let you know if an attendee has been marked as a ‘VIP’. You can add more triggers by:
- Logging into Orca Scan
- Open the triggers menu at the top of the page and add a new trigger
- Give your new trigger a name
- Set up your new trigger using our “If this, then that” formatting
- Save all these changes
How can I download my attendee list?
Orca Scan allows you to export your sheet into a range of formats, such as Excel or PDF. Alternatively, you can use our real-time Integrations to connect your sheet straight to Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets and more, making it easily accessible for office colleagues and end-of-event report generation.
Can I import my existing attendee list?
Yes you can find a step-by-step guide on importing existing attendees here.
Can i track my Venue and Event equipment using Orca Scan?
Yes tracking inventory across venues and events has never been easier than with Orca Scan.
Simply scan your equipment barcodes into our Inventory Tracking template, and you’ve got a custom inventory system, company-wide, in minutes.
How do I validate the attendees’ tickets?
The Orca Scan event tracking solution is pre-configured, using triggers only to allow a pass to be scanned once. This means that if someone tries to use a pass that has already been scanned into the event, Orca Scan will notify you and reject the pass.
Any questions about Managing Events?
We have helped thousands of organisations reach their goals with a simplified event management system. Get in touch; we’d be happy to help you get set up!