In the fast-paced world of order fulfilment, precision and efficiency are paramount. Imagine having a digital guide for your warehouse pickers to ensure that every item is retrieved in the correct quantity from its designated location to meet your customers’ orders.
Introducing the Orca Scan Picklist Solution, a powerful tool to streamline the warehouse picking process. Collaborating with logistics giants like Amazon, FedEx, and UPS worldwide, we’ve created a simple solution to put the control and convenience you need right at your fingertips.
What is a picklist?
A picklist is a document assigned to a warehouse picker communicating the list of items and their quantities to pick from a specific location to fulfil orders. Our Picklist Solution means you have everything you need to find your customers’ items at your fingertips.
To get started:
- Sign in to Orca Scan
- Make a new sheet using the Picklist template
- Import or input the details for your latest order
- Scan as you pick using the Orca Scan mobile app
Orca Scan will notify you when you have reached the required quantities for each item, and you can check which items you need to pick by selecting the Cloud option in the app.
Tip: We recommend setting the sheet name to the order number or something memorable like the customer’s name to help track the order in the future.
Why use Orca Scan for picklists?
The Orca Scan Picklist Solution provides the following benefits:
- Collaborate with colleagues to streamline your selection process
- A full history log gives you visibility over the status of each order
- Fully customisable to suit your business needs
- Get started straight away with your smartphone
- Improved accuracy and efficiency ensure your customers never receive a wrong order
- Quickly manage your assets and stock levels to automate your process
- Get notified when an order has been picked out
- Automate your processes by utilising integrations and triggers
- Complete visibility over the status of orders
What if the items I’m picking don’t have a barcode?
You can easily **** create barcodes in our web application or mobile app in just a few clicks. You can also apply QR codes to your warehouse racking or containers to identify un-barcoded items.
How to automate picklists using barcodes
You can fully automate Orca Scan’s Picklist Solution by leveraging our API’s core features. Just follow our straightforward guides, and you can seamlessly update your picklist with your systems, both inbound and outbound, effortlessly.
- Follow the WebHook In guide to update Orca Scan from your system
- Follow the WebHook Out guide to update your systems using Orca Scan
- Utilise the REST API for system synchronisation with Orca Scan
Can I connect Orca Scan to my online shop?
Orca Scan offers a variety of integration options, such as Zapier, to connect with platforms like Shopify, eBay, Stripe, and Square. With these integrations, you can automatically create a pick list as new orders are made.
Does Orca Scan display warnings for incorrect items picked?
Yes, Orca Scan handles this automatically. You’ll receive an immediate warning message and an audible alert when you scan an item not in the picklist.
Can I use a hardware scanner with Orca Scan?
Yes, Orca Scan can be used with your smartphone and various industrial barcode scanners. You can find a range of Orca Scan compatible scanners here.
How do I notify users when a picklist is complete?
When you’ve scanned the required quantity of products, Orca Scan will automatically display an alert indicating that the order is complete.
How do I capture the location of every barcode scan?
To capture the location of every barcode scanned during picking, you’ll need to add a ‘GPS Location Automatic’ data type to your sheet. You can do this using the following steps:
- Add a new column/field
- Select data-type ‘GPS Location Automatic’
- Set it to hidden (no reason for the user to see this 👀)
- Save the changes
That’s it! Now, every barcode you scan will automatically record the GPS location, and you can view each location on your asset maps.
How do I create a daily packing data report?
A daily packing report is generated for you automatically as users scan items. Every change is recorded in the Orca Scan history, including the email address of the person picking the items, the date and time, and the number of items picked and packed. Additionally, you can integrate your data with Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, and other third-party applications.
If you have any questions about how this solution could meet your needs, book a free implementation call, and we’ll help answer any questions and set you up.