During a cleaning inspection, areas such as floors, surfaces, furniture, equipment, restrooms, and other high-touch points are inspected for the overall cleanliness, sanitation, and tidiness of the space and to identify any problems or areas that need improvement.
The Orca Scan Cleaning Inspection Solution has been developed to simplify this process by guiding the inspector through each step and capturing essential details such as the date and time of inspection, photographic evidence of damages, signatures of the inspector, GPS coordinates, and more. Each inspection can be viewed in the history log, too, increasing visibility across teams and ensuring regulatory compliance. To get started:
- Download the Orca Scan barcode app
- Create a new sheet using the Cleaning Inspection template
- Scan the barcode of your facility to start inspection
- Follow the prompts to enter the required information
- Save the changes
- Login to orcascan.com to analyse the inspections
Why use Orca Scan to track cleaning inspections?
The Orca Scan Cleaning Inspection solution provides the following benefits:
- ⬆️ Increases visibility and compliance by recording a detailed digital record
- ⬆️ Increased levels of cleanliness
- ⬆️ Increased customer satisfaction
- ⬇️ Fewer customer complaints
- ⬆️ Increased efficiency and productivity
- ⬆️ Increased communications and accountability for cleaning techs
- ⬇️ Decreases the time and effort required to manage a cleaning team
How do i generate barcodes for my facilities?
You can generate and print barcodes from within the Orca Scan app using the following steps:
- Tap the + icon in the top-left corner
- Tap the settings to the right of the barcode field ⚙
- Tap generate new barcode
- Tap the cog to the right of the barcode field again
- Tap print barcode
- Select barcode type (QR codes are easier to scan)
- Tap print to send to your printer
- Tap ‘Save & Close’
However, if you have a lot of barcodes to print, you might find it easier to generate and print barcodes using the Orca Scan web application.
Can I collaborate with other users?
Yes, simply log in to the Orca Scan web application and add users to the relevant inspection sheets.
Can I produce automated cleaning reports?
Yes, you can generate reports for each facility using the History log. Each inspection is logged as a transaction in the history, allowing you to go back and review it. It also gives you the name of the inspector, to improve visibility and accountability.
Can I capture more information about an inspection?
Yes, simply add fields to capture any additional data you need, including photos, GPS locations, signatures - whatever you need!
Can I notify maintenance of any repairs?
Yes, you can setup a trigger to notify you by email when the inspector logs something as damaged. Once triggered an email will be sent to you outlining the damage along with any photos and other information provided by the inspector.
How do I view previous cleaning inspections?
You can view the history of each cleaning inspection using the history log.
Cleaning inspection questions?
Still have questions or are worried the Orca Scan Cleaning Inspection Solution will not entirely solve your problem? Book a free implementation call, and we’ll help you modify the solution to meet your needs.